Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Super Smash Origins: Birth Of Cream (Fanfiction)
(05-26-2016, 09:46 PM)Harold_Roxby Wrote:
"So you're royal?" Vanilla questioned, "I didn't know you used to be King of Babylon." Then hears the entrance coming from her parents, Col. Butters Cotch & Strawberry Yamato. "Oh hi mom. Hi dad."

"Butters Cotch."

Butters.

Cotch.

You know that most characters given food names usually don't have them broken up like that unless the food they're named after already contain separate words or could work as separate words broken up, especially in manga and anime where food names are the most common. South Park named their Butters better than you did as that one had the last name "Stotch" which sounds more like a real last name and not some old and/or obscure, slang term for naughty bits (just add another letter "o", or alternately a "r", to "Cotch" to get what I'm saying). Hell, if you gave him the last name "Scotch" it would make a lot more sense since Scotch is an actual last name.

As for "Strawberry Yamato", is sounds a lot better than Butters Cotch, but I do have something to say about that name as well. If she's supposed to be of Japanese descent like her name suggests, her first name would be "Ichigo" not "Strawberry". It would work quite well for her name because of the symmetrical, rhythmic nature of the name Ichigo Yamato. If you don't want that to be the case, since these are supposed to be Vanilla parents, I'd suggest against having the surname of Yamato. Most of the characters in the Sonic universe don't have last names, or if they do they're basic names that refer to something related to their species of animal or personality (i.e. Sally Acorn from SatAM the Archie comic series; Miles "Tails" Prower).

Since I already mentioned the typical naming conventions of Sonic characters, why not just have Vanilla's parents be named "Butterscotch the Rabbit" and "Strawberry the Rabbit"? They'd sound enough like what Sega and Sonic Team would name Cream grandparents assuming they would ever care to do so. Less is often more for fictional character naming conventions unless your last name is "Martin", "Pratchett" or "Jacques" where that's part of the point.
I like sunglasses. Sunglasses are cool.  B)
Thanked by: E-Man, Hiynastrike

Messages In This Thread
RE: Super Smash Origins: Birth Of Cream (Fanfiction) - by DurradonXylles - 07-22-2016, 09:25 AM