Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Xander's Super Wario Bros! ~ HTML5 Engine Demo!
3D Modelling 
[Image: title.png] [Image: overworld.png] [Image: screenshot1.png]

Hi Everyone!

I've been messing about with the HTML5 game engine called Impact. It's pretty awesome. It works by using the HTML5 <canvas> tag paired with a whole whack of javascript. As long as you have a modern web browser, you are good to go, with Chrome being the best.

Why is Chrome the best? Because it supports native Gamepad support! So if you have a Gamepad plugged into your computer, you can use it without any setup! Apparently Firefox has decent support now too. And MS Edge. You can even boot up my game on the Xbox One's Edge web browser, pretty cool.

I've spent a couple of weeks adapting the engine to simulate a Mario game. While there is still work to be done, I feel it's finally at a place where it's worth showing. Smile

There's nothing to install, you just play it right in the browser. And if you have a gamepad, it'll just work.

http://xandor.ca/superwario/

Just click the link, and you can start playing!

While I do know there are some bugs (you can't fully die just yet, there's no strict level-ending, among others), feedback is appreciated!

Thanks! Cool
Thanked by: Ton, Khyze, iyenal, CptGuapo

Messages In This Thread
Xander's Super Wario Bros! ~ HTML5 Engine Demo! - by Xander - 05-16-2016, 01:29 PM