Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Google Pac-Man Re-Rip
So, all the way back in May of 2010 when I first joined the VGR forums (they were still the tSR forums then), I had a sprite sheet rip of the Pac-Man 30th anniversary Google Doodle; it was promptly accepted and added to the website.

http://www.spriters-resource.com/pc_comp...eet/31295/

It isn't a terrible sheet overall, but I have a couple regrets about it that I feel I need to rectify. The first being that gaudy background color that has caused eyestrain for myself and several others I asked about it. The other is how I edited the sheet and that weird, blocky font I used (which I was obsessed with when I was a teenager). As I had mentioned back when I submitted the sheet originally: the sheet itself was what I had ripped, not the sprites within.

See, the two guys at Google who created the doodle took a couple pages from Enterbrain and YoYo Games' book about sprite assets: have all of the assets be on a single bitmap, and have the game's programming refer to different portions of said bitmap to display the sprite. Everything you'd see in the browser Pac-Man game came from that single sheet, and that's what I had originally found rooting around in the HTML data six years ago. Luckily, Google archives all of their Doodles and logo variations, so I just went back to the Pac-Man one and went digging into the web page data again.

I went with a less gaudy teal green for the background color, and put all of my information on the bottom. I also kept the sheet's original layout intact, which includes that weird white finger looking graphic that I removed previously (my only guess is that it was made for finding which sprite the game wanted to find and access). I also decided to add a newer thumbnail picture for the sheet that shows a few more of the games assets. I hope everything here is in order for replacing my original sheet.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I like sunglasses. Sunglasses are cool.  B)
Thanked by: DarkGrievous7145

Messages In This Thread
Google Pac-Man Re-Rip - by DurradonXylles - 05-11-2016, 12:24 PM
RE: Google Pac-Man Re-Rip - by DarkGrievous7145 - 05-11-2016, 06:11 PM
RE: Google Pac-Man Re-Rip - by DurradonXylles - 05-11-2016, 07:20 PM
RE: Google Pac-Man Re-Rip - by DarkGrievous7145 - 05-11-2016, 09:25 PM
RE: Google Pac-Man Re-Rip - by DurradonXylles - 05-12-2016, 07:50 AM
RE: Google Pac-Man Re-Rip - by DarkGrievous7145 - 05-12-2016, 10:38 AM
RE: Google Pac-Man Re-Rip - by DarkGrievous7145 - 05-12-2016, 05:40 PM