Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
I wanna try out this art deco sort of thing. Who wants me to try and interpret them?
While the servers were acting up, I asked the same thing on Reddit the other day and got 2 requests.

(04-20-2016, 11:39 PM)Hiynastrike Wrote:
(04-20-2016, 11:25 PM)psychospacecow Wrote: Honestly, the thing I think of is the old Batman The Animated Series.

Animated Gothem City leans more on the New York or Chicago side of Art Deco, the dream of building "The City of the Future" Which ties into the Intro's Technology. Dirigibles, and Streamline Cars. The only Art Deco location I've seen at this point is Miami which is less "City of the Future" and moreso "Millionaire Playground"

I don't believe I've see too much deco outside of some hospitals and such. A lot of the older architecture in my immediate area stems from either the 60s or is less "grandiose". Some of it comes from the 20s. My great great grandma's old home was built around 1910. Again though, the predominate era for buildings I'm familiar with are 60-70s and modern stuff. As it turns out, a lot of those warehouses that used to be used for harbor storage that were replaced by better ones sell pretty cheaply, and all kinds of places fill the gap.

Edit : Let me tell you this though. Nothing quite makes a location memorable to a kid quite like being less than a walking distance from in-use train tracks while staring out a window.
[Image: k0OsVum.png][Image: NXpkf1V.gif][Image: psychicspacecow.png]
Thanked by: Hiynastrike

Messages In This Thread
RE: I wanna try out this art deco sort of thing. Who wants me to try and interpret them? - by psychospacecow - 04-20-2016, 11:40 PM