Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Plokman's Sprites and things
Since you asked me for critiques, I'll see what I can do.

Anyway, right off the bat, I can't really see that much hue shifting going on there (especially with the truck since it looks like you only made the red lighter/darker instead of actually messing around with the colors). In the case of the red, lighter colors become more orange, while darker colors become more purple. Also, don't forget to experiment with the saturation as you apply different shades.

Regarding the cars, I can't tell where the light source is. I'd suggest you visualize where it is and then draw the highlights and shading based on where the light hits. Also, it'll help if you visualized it as a 3-D object, so a good suggestion is to apply a sort of wire mesh over it. That way, you can see which of the faces are receiving the light.

As for one last piece of advice, I see that you used a lot of shades on your vehicles (particularly the longer truck). When working with sprites, less is generally more because the details won't end up looking dirty and smudged. For the vehicles, I'd say that the most you could have for each individual color is three or four different values.

That's all I could really think of on the top of my head, but I hope it'll provide you with at least a good start when it comes to improving your sprites. I don't know the best way to improve your human sprites without completely reworking them, but is it possible for you to make the face of the girl look better? The pupils lack contrast against the eyeballs to the point where she almost looks like she has soulless eyes (unless that's what you're going for), and the part in the front of the hair looks a bit distracting.
(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

it's ok to suck, sucking is not bad, just try and aim to always do your best!
Thanked by: Plokman

Messages In This Thread
Plokman's Sprites and things - by Plokman - 04-10-2016, 08:15 PM
RE: Plokman's Sprites and things - by E-Man - 04-13-2016, 06:42 AM
RE: Plokman's Sprites and things - by Plokman - 04-13-2016, 08:44 PM
RE: Plokman's Sprites and things - by Plokman - 05-02-2016, 09:29 PM
RE: Plokman's Sprites and things - by Plokman - 08-11-2016, 09:49 PM
RE: Plokman's Sprites and things - by Plokman - 08-18-2016, 08:08 PM
RE: Plokman's Sprites and things - by Filler - 08-19-2016, 10:13 PM
RE: Plokman's Sprites and things - by Plokman - 08-22-2016, 03:33 PM