Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
The Whole Dragon's Crown Sorceress Thing
I'm not really one to want people to change what they've created. Games like Gal Gun are fine with me, that's the point of the game. You're not going to pick that up if it offends you. Same with Xtreme Beach Volleyball. It's a dumb game with stupidly large breasts (the fact that some characters are a bit young is a whole other issue).

The Soceress is just a stupid extreme. It looks dumb, has no artistic merit and playing as her is unenjoyable because of just how stupid she looks. And even though the other characters are also over the top (the warrior woman for example) it's not to such an extreme that it takes you out the game.

Ninja Gaiden's Rachel was OoT but not to such an extreme. Yes sure, they added six-axis jiggle but you had to do it. It wasn't like every time Rachel came on screen her tits were bouncing around like helium balloons.

Yes I am concerned with how overly sexualised the media as a whole is getting. At work I have school kids (some probably as young as 12 talk about rimming) and that kind of thing concerns me greatly.

My main concern is how ridiculous it is done with the Soceress. It's just in your face pervertedness in a game where the rest doesn't really match that extreme.

I'm not saying the artist is objectifying women. I'm just saying that early on when he stared designing her someone should have tapped him on the shoulder and said 'don't you think that's a bit much?'

I guess with a male dominated industry (specially in Japan) we'll see things like this. Not too long ago we had Quiet in MGS V - which was also dumb (specially the squeezable breasts action figure).

More often than not we seem to have a choice of playing as a white guy with brown hair or a woman with a stupid sized chest.

Sure, over in the west female characters have gotten better and actually became characters over things to save. But you only have to look at the majority of Japanese titles to see the problems with their culture reflected in it.
[Image: randomimage.cgi]
Thanked by: Shade

Messages In This Thread
The Whole Dragon's Crown Sorceress Thing - by Koh - 04-10-2016, 05:45 AM
RE: The Whole Dragon's Crown Sorceress Thing - by Goemar - 04-11-2016, 04:27 PM