Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Advice for book writing.
The more I read this topic, the more I'm attempting to grasp the plot, but...

- There's a self-insert main character who's played as an underdog
- He befriends several mythical animals, in a city that's just conveniently home to several mythological beasts the mortal world over
- his peers are mostly Yokai for some odd reason despite the fact that the main character's lineage originates in Middle-eastern folklore and is probably the only character of Middle Eastern origins

- Wait a second, is this Dragon Quest 2 but Zootopia

I feel like Benny would probably do better as like...a jackalope, which just seems innately ridiculous in terms of its existence and origins. Having an al-miraj maybe as like, a villain or even rival would be kinda...better actually, because here's this mythical rabbit that's literally better than a jackalope no matter what, and no one takes this poor jackalope seriously. )':
But the cool thing is that he wouldn't just have a unicorn horn - he'd have a nice ten-point set of horns and he can literally lock horns with people over the course of the story. :V

Maybe making Benny's peers be a more eclectic group of mythical creatures from several different originating cultures, yet further driving the point home that Mythica (??) is a haven for all mythological beings?

EDIT: good lord i'm so sleepy. i hope ANYTHING in this post made the least bit of sense.
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!

Messages In This Thread
Advice for book writing. - by Benny The Miraj - 03-23-2016, 02:04 PM
Advice for book writing. - by Benny The Miraj - 03-30-2016, 07:26 AM
RE: Characters for a Graphic Novel: Maturity criticism - by Kosheh - 03-28-2016, 09:37 PM