Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Nintendo Wii U Production Ends This Year
I will admit that Nintendo is firmly stuck in the past in their approaches to developing consoles, but at the same time I think there's a reason why they "treat their game consoles like toys". For the past few generations, the console that sells the best hasn't always been the one with the best specs. Sure, the NES, SNES, PS1, PS2 and PS4 outsold their weaker contemporaries, but the Wii, Gameboy, NDS and 3DS managed to outfight their competitors.

...And...uhh...

I was gonna make a point here about "It's about the games, not the specs" but it seems my research says otherwise. Some weaker consoles have outsold stronger ones but they're either handhelds (which have always been Nintendo-dominated) or the curveball that was the Wii...

Yeah, it'd probably be for the best if Nintendo went for specs next generation. I've heard the NX might have online cloud computing, so that'll be interesting (source). It'll suck for people like me with inconsistent connections since the visuals will keep rising and dropping, but for people with better connections it'll definitely help Nintendo compete in graphics while keeping the cost of their consoles low.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nintendo Wii U Production Ends This Year - by DragonDePlatino - 03-26-2016, 01:36 PM