Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Poll: Should I do Obi-Wan's Frames?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes!
0%
0 0%
No!
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

LEGO Star Wars The Video Game Sprites
Well, I might not do those sprites, but we'll see...

Tiles I should be able to handle.

I decided to see if any of VBA's built-in ripping tools would be of any use on sprites, and... they're not.
Sounds like I must use your tedious method.

A problem I've observed, though : transparencies...
This game does that thing typical of a lot of isometric games, it renders certain sprites with partial transparencies if they're obstructing others you might need to see. Also, the windows on the first level are being rendered with partial transparency to show a piece of a planet (Naboo, I would assume?) and a starfield background texture to represent space.

Besides that, there's the particle effects that IDK if can be toggled yet. Something to consider when dealing with force-activated objects and stuff. I screwed around with a few of the layers but some seemed to do nothing.

I'm gonna try testing some stuff out before I go to bed.
Please keep the holds on the droids and grievous for now.

EDIT:
Particles cannot be turned-off... the only way to get rid of the force ones is by moving out of range.

The windows are safe, I made some mistakes on how they're rendered.

The conference table can be ripped via map viewer, i'll do that tomorrow/today/<screw it, staying up past midnight ruins all perception of time>

Partial transparency might not be correct term, look more like overlay blending mode or something. I noticed that the walls do not appear to show the floor tiles when they're obstructing another sprite, but they do show the other sprite they're obstructing, which to me seems like blending modes in action.

Anyways, that's all I have for tonight.
Tomorrow the real fun shall begin, unless my other projects end-up getting too chaotic.
Gonna update that thread, next...THEN bedtime...

And tiles I'll get once I find the correct palette.
Hopefully I can do that tomorrow
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: LEGO Star Wars The Video Game Sprites - by DarkGrievous7145 - 04-26-2016, 03:04 AM