Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Ripping a flash game: Hitsuji Chronicle (PC)
Just to clarify, Davy Jones, you're like, totally done/giving-up on this, right?

Secondly, to correct some earlier statements of mine, they are run of the mill .swf's.
notepad doesn't like to view binary files correctly at all, and for some reason, it chose not to display the header.

Finally, I cannot say when/if anything will see submission here...most likely it will not. But, is it alright if I took over ripping from it? I've accumulated a large amount of session archives, already. Despite its flaws, I do find it an...interesting game, nonetheless.

As for the overall ripping process, it is actually pretty simple, 90+ % of this game is bitmap assets, either stored in container .swf's, or standalone in .png and .jpgs. data is sent primarily as json or as what appears to possibly be INI or a derivative of it. (this is a special case, though, most data is sent via json) I'm fairly confident, also, that a system can be devised for directly crawling/diving the assets server for files. They appear to follow a consistent naming scheme.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ripping a flash game: Hitsuji Chronicle (PC) - by DarkGrievous7145 - 04-19-2016, 10:22 PM