Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Got a full dump of the 3DS firmware! What should I rip?
(03-21-2016, 09:22 AM)Telespentry Wrote: Turns out the official mario kart snes European release has some hidden banner files. When I first ripped it only the TV was in the model. Turns out there are actually multiple models in it's banner.bin and those were of the super famicom and snes for different languages. Not reason the super famicom was there was because Europe got it. The original famicom was Japan exclusive. This is true for many other banners too. The official ones are really fucking weird too. They have a bunch of odd sound effects that afaik never get used beside the chime when the game is selected and the couple clicks you hear when switching apps/pages.

Maybe one of them is distorted for the fwoosh when you blow into the mic to spin icons around

Also I can rip those easily. Most of them aren't part of the home menu though. Good news is I have a decrypted cia of the entire firmware so it's as simple as dropping the .cia onto a .bat I've made to dump the exefs and romfs.

That is very interesting and cool! When do you think that you will be getting all these new3ds/3ds/dsi/ds firmware models and other things uploaded to the vg resource, or have you done that for everything that you have talked about so far and it is waiting for approval?

(Hyped for mii models soon to be able to 3d print one - customizable mii amibo's here we come [and getting the models from here will make it a lot easier])
Thanked by: Ton

Messages In This Thread
RE: Got a full dump of the 3DS firmware! What should I rip? - by Yarcaz - 03-23-2016, 12:23 PM