Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Demakes (What game would you wanna send back in time?)
I personally would love to see Kirby Super Star Ultra, Kirby Returns to Dreamland, and Kirby Triple Deluxe get GBA demakes in the Kirby Advance style, if done right. Same with the idea of Mega Man Powered Up getting a NES demake, or with Paper Mario (N64) and Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door getting Yoshi's-Island-styled GBA demakes.

Those three Kirby games could easily be converted if done right, though some parts of those games might need to be changed, such as the background-foreground aspect of Triple Deluxe or the bottom screen of KSSU being demoted to a menu screen accessible from either Start or Select. The motion controls from KRtD where you shake the Wii Remote would probably be demoted to a button or something (Maybe the L or R button?) Let's see...Wii Remotes have the following buttons: +, -, A, B, 1, and 2, along with the D-pad. The Game Boy Advance had Start, Select, A, B, X, Y, L, and R, along with the D-Pad. Yup, the GBA has more buttons when you don't factor in the Wiimote Nunchuk (which isn't used in KRtD anyway). As for Kirby Triple Deluxe, the analog-pad wasn't really used in a way that couldn't be done with a normal D-pad, as far as I'm aware? I can't remember, it's been a while since I've played Triple Deluxe. I'm pretty sure a lot of the mechanics of the motion control with the Wiimote could easily be substituted with buttons in a GBA remake, but maybe you guys could correct me on that?

As for a Mega Man Powered Up NES demake, I've seen some users online who seem to be working on such a thing, but most of them either don't really look that good, or they haven't really updated their account/channel anytime recent regarding said projects. Either way, I feel a decent NES demake could be made if someone put the time and effort into it who has the right skills to pull it off. Considering that I've not played Powered Up, I really can't delve into the schematics of it other than that I've seen gameplay of it online. I really wish I knew more about the controls of the game so that I could delve further into how such a demake would work, but alas.

Lastly, PM64 and TTYD could probably work on the GBA...if you made it so that you traveled through 2D areas as opposed to 3D areas, kind of like pressing up on the D-pad in certain spots like entering a door, that would change the area's look like how pressing A in Super Paper Mario flips from 2D to 3D, except you're flipping from 2D to a different set of 2D. Not sure how to explain that without showing, but then I've not been able to animate the example I'd been working on because it takes up too much memory and my computer's a PoS that can't handle 3D models very well (which is why I've not re-installed Autodesk Maya on it despite having two working keys for it still). But regardless, I still think such a think could work if a system was implemented of combining button taps, presses, and holds like in Banjo Tooie, (such as A+A, B+B, A+B, B+A, etc.) to allow for a wider range of commands to be used. Like, maybe Start would be Pause, pressing Start while holding R would show the player's stats (like Z did in TTYD, or R in PM64), and the C-stick and C-buttons would probably be mapped to holding R and moving with the D-pad or if that wouldn't work, perhaps mapped to holding R and pressing A, B, X, or Y instead? Perhaps holding R on its own wouldn't do anything, except to change the function of other buttons? Maybe the dash function from PM64 could be mapped to Select?

Thoughts?
Avatar made by UnknownBearProd on deviantART, as commissioned by me.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Demakes (What game would you wanna send back in time?) - by Midday-Mew - 02-27-2016, 01:56 PM