Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Have you ever wanted to create your own fictional universe?
Like the topic says. Have you? I've always wanted to be like Tolkien and create an entire world of races and monsters, gods and aliens, legends and lore. I actually did flesh one out over the years based on my various views on video game lore.

I've always had two issues.
With games like Zelda, it was the Hero of Destiny™ and how the gods were puppeteering a hero rather than someone choosing to be a hero on their own free will.
With game heroes becoming more serious/badass/mature and the decline of cartoony game heroes.

These two factors lead me to create a subversive story about the badass Bishōnen Hero of Destiny™ who fails miserably at his job, and the cartoony anthro turtle who takes it upon himself to save the world. From there I created a more detailed story that slowly started to flesh out an entire world of characters, races, civilizations and more.

I could go onto endless details about that world and the story I made, but I'll spare you that this time. For now, share with us if you ever did something similar and what was your inspiration.

Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Have you ever wanted to create your own fictional universe? - by Koopaul - 02-18-2016, 01:13 AM