Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
About fighting games development process
Oof. I can't give you an exact answer because it's not the type of stuff that I do, but older Capcom fighting games (like SF2, Final Fight) actually made characters by piecing a few different body part "sprites" together to make one big sprite - and most spriters from what I've seen on the Internet (well, the older days of TSR) will usually pay by the sprite, rather than by the hour.

I'd try highballing it (see how much it would cost generally to make map character sprites, per sprite) and double or triple that price and see what happens. I mean, as the requester, you'd want to figure out how much you want to ideally spend on each character and see if that's acceptable. Take a look at like an SF character's spritesheet to see what the minimum would be.

I mean the good news that you'd PROBABLY be able to get a character spritesheet made for MUGEN for far, FAR less than a Skullgirls character. Expect it to be high, but like still fairly high for your teenage wallet ($65~145 tops) and not Skullgirls high. Hell, it probably won't be that high lmao but just be prepared.

I feel like 50 cents a sprite isn't too bad but that's just me
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: About fighting games development process - by Kosheh - 02-16-2016, 01:16 PM