Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Wham! Biff! Pow! -- The Comics Thread
I don't think we have one of these yet.

Hopefully I'm not the only who reads comics. Aha... So I thought it would be cool to have a comics thread like we do for movies/anime/games. What is everybody reading?

To be honest I'm not really keeping up with anything current as far as monthlies... I find it difficult for me to keep track of a series from one week/month to the next without forgetting about it in the intervening time (the only exceptions being some shows, but even those I tend to let build up and binge at various intervals throughout the season). The only comics I read as they update are Dumbing of Age, which I kind of just found by accident one day, and Cyanide & Happiness. But those update daily... so even though I want to be into other comics like TwoKinds, I don't usually keep up with them and end up just binging through a year's worth of updates on a random weekend.

Right now my "Big Comic" series that I'm working on finishing is something First Comics published in the mid-1980s called "Mars". I picked up an issue at Free Comic Book Day a couple of years ago, and it was interesting enough for me to order the graphic novel collection (in paperback unfortunately... the hardcover is stupid expensive).

[Image: 81m1xpMBM-L.jpg]

It's an interesting scifi tale that isn't very heavy reading, but it covers some interesting concepts (like technology assisting human beings in overcoming physical handicaps). Even though it sometimes strays a little too far into "Acid Trip" territory, I'm actually going to recommend it--particularly to people who are interested in comic books but aren't really into either the manga or superhero scenes.
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Wham! Biff! Pow! -- The Comics Thread - by Kriven - 02-07-2016, 02:57 PM