Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
CREATIVE HABITS - The Mystery of the Subconscious World
I think that creativity is very personal and intriguing.
Deep inside, anything can make sense and not make sense at all.
Especially if you're an artist, you're eager to make more art and creative things.

Empirism and a bit of technique helps me a lot when drawing or composing:
Personally, I like to listen to music and look at others' art for inspiration, just
like some of you.

Yeah...

Realism is fun to draw too, so sometimes I try drawing from life. It helps with your style - you
extract some of the elements of real life and distort it to create your own style.

Gors here likes to find inspiration from basically anywhere, from texts to mythology or
retro games. I usually make sprites with this mindset - of developing upon what other devs
elaborated, making something new by adding your own spice, after all your own
touch is what makes your art Your Own.

Mythology in particular is a great well of inspiration for me, because it's very creative. Deities, gods and creatures:
Apollo, Thor, Gumihos and Saci-Pererês often pop up in my mind.

Keeping track of those ideas and inspirations can be tiring, however, and even though I try to be hard-working and
inspiring, I am just a human and sometimes I end up facing art blocks.
Not just drawings or pixels...

Game design, Spriting, Composing and Drawing.
They eventually get dry and stall, which is bothersome, as some of my work depends on them.

Horrible, I know...

In the end, this is how I work and maybe they don't apply to your modus operandi. Everybody's
special, with different kinds of abilities.

Though, I think it's interesting to try applying what I said to your everyday life and try different things
hollistically. Art is not just pretty strokes, or good colors. It's the sum of all parts that make a greater thing, and if you
reasonably keep your abilities balanced, you can make impressive things.

Equilibrium is the key of life.

Art is the key of life.

Dramatic, I know, but this is how I roll B-)
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: CREATIVE HABITS - The Mystery of the Subconscious World - by Gors - 02-02-2016, 01:43 PM