Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Character designs: THE SUBJECTIVITY THREAD :'D
Something to think about...

I think species of Pokemon have always been subjective. There are Pokemon out there for each person to be mesmerized by, especially these days now that the audience has been broadened. If you ask me, that's something people who have created the stigma of Pokemon designs gradually decreasing in creativity each generation need to understand. You don't have to like every Pokemon - not every design will appeal to you, and if it doesn't, that's completely fine. Does it mean the team behind the designs is lazy and uncreative? No, it just means said design isn't fit to your tastes.
For example, I'm not a huge fan of Charizard or the evolutions before it. That doesn't mean that I think they're ugly - I'm just not into dragons in general. I prefer cute and bubbly Pokemon like Jigglypuff. There are also some "dark and edgy" Pokemon that I like, such as Absol and Lucario. There's just something about their designs that grabs my focus.
[Image: ErbRIBqVkAUtE8F?format=png&name=900x900]
Instagram Twitch Twitter YouTube
Thanked by: psychospacecow

Messages In This Thread
RE: Character designs: good ones and others...not so much - by miyabi95_ - 02-16-2016, 02:42 AM