Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Character designs: THE SUBJECTIVITY THREAD :'D
no no no there's some idle veggies out there I can't let it go just yet

(02-05-2016, 02:10 PM)JazzGW Wrote: I'm gonna briefly stray a bit from the topic to say that majority of people who are enthusiasts of furry culture (art, fursuits, etc.) are very open-minded and stick together as a well-established community (for the most part. Nobody's perfect). At least, that's a conclusion I've drawn from the passed three years on Fur Affinity as well as meeting people at conventions. In fact, I've come across more loving and generous people on Fur Affinity than I ever have on deviantART. Whether not they're involved in things that are lewd or kinky, most furries are super pleasant to be around and interact with.

There's just my little two sense on the furry fandom vs. everyone else discussion.

uhh, I'm sure there's a few good apples every con or so (and I sincerely don't doubt it - admittedly, I wanna go to a furry con at least once just for the experience as everyone seems like they're hella cool) but as they saying goes, "a few bad apples ruin the bunch" - which I guess is kinda why...well, I think it's kinda why I raised the argument previously - though Kriven's also right; there's also a second stigma that anthropomorphic characters are generally characters you'd come to expect in childrens' shows, and it's a little harder to tell a grimdark story with an anthro lead and expect your focus group to not think the character is to appeal to children. "Ratchet and Clank" I guess is a good example; where they were trying to appeal to all ages with their odd lion-alien-thing lead character but it's hard not to market the character to children (as the upcoming film is) despite the fact that many of the jokes in the game are aimed squarely at older gamers. :/ Okay the series isn't necessarily a good example of grimdark - but like the concept behind the fourth game, "Ratchet Deadlocked" ...kinda is

(02-05-2016, 05:53 AM)Dolphman Wrote: Most of the character designs are fine, but Shakira's character is going to receive criticism. Same with the tiger dancers in skimpy outfits.
I swear, some idiots will show up to see it in freaking costumes. Which will annoy parents who want to take their kids to see it.
That and they'll probably get kicked out by the ushers. It's one of the reasons why I'm very unsure about seeing it myself.

This premise sounds like something out of The Onion lmao: "Disney's new furry animated feature with cute characters reportedly driving fursuiters to theatres in droves"

I swear, if this happens the day Zootopia opens. lmao I'm just gonna pay attention to social media to see if anyone's going to be fursuiting that day. I really can't imagine that this is going to happen - the worst I can imagine is just that one oddball teen girl in each theater with fox ear headband and tail-belt but that'll probably be the worst you'll see.

If you sincerely wanna see the movie opening day, ignore the screaming toddlers and the fursuiters and just go with some friends and get a bucket of popcorn. It might be a little tough going to this one by yourself on opening day ;P

whew ok continue sry

(02-05-2016, 06:24 PM)Dolphman Wrote: Finally, we have the 2016 Cacodemon reboot design. This time, they gave the original a major makeover, while keeping a few classic features.
Already, everyone's in love with this version, and it does shit over the DooM 3 design. The little arms and legs are a nice touch.

ngl I don't really like the Doom series but I love the SHIT out of these character designs. Although what's the deal with their little appendages? Don't these things float? What's the point of the arms and legs if they're literally giant mouths that just eat you whole? lol
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Character designs: good ones and others...not so much - by Kosheh - 02-06-2016, 02:04 PM