Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Character designs: THE SUBJECTIVITY THREAD :'D
(02-04-2016, 12:37 PM)Dolphman Wrote: The stereotype in question is true in some ways...

I think it's less true than it's made out to be. Sure, there are definitely perverted furries out there, but it's not that there's more of them than normal furries, it's that people notice them more. As a result, media decides not to use anthros in videogames as anything other than villains, and frankly people like me suffer for it.

Truth be told, I don't like "edgy" and "mature." I generally like anthro characters more than humans for the opposite reason that people like humans. People tend to like humans cause they're more like themselves, yet I prefer whimsical anthros to edgy/mature humans because they're LESS like myself. They fascinate me more than a character that's more familiar. A character that's more familiar doesn't make me want to learn more about them like a less familiar one would. Plus, a world that's more mature and serious just reads "bland and emotionless" to me, while something more colorful and whimsical is more charming and brimming with personality. But since a lot of games gravitate towards the former, there tends to be very few games a year that I end up getting interested in. People love their Wytcher III and MGS 5, but that kind of stuff is just not for me.

The whole furry stigma isn't AS BAD as it was a few years ago, but it's still pretty bad.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Character designs: good ones and others...not so much - by Benny The Miraj - 02-05-2016, 11:08 AM