Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Character designs: THE SUBJECTIVITY THREAD :'D
Most of the character designs are fine, but Shakira's character is going to receive criticism. Same with the tiger dancers in skimpy outfits.
I swear, some idiots will show up to see it in freaking costumes. Which will annoy parents who want to take their kids to see it.
That and they'll probably get kicked out by the ushers. It's one of the reasons why I'm very unsure about seeing it myself.
But I'm more interested in seeing the live-action version of The Jungle Book and Moana than Zootopia, honestly.

The "realistic" thing didn't stop Marvel releasing the Guardians of the Galaxy film, which features a genetically altered gun-wielding raccoon.
But even I felt realism hurt The Dark Night trilogy, because we couldn't get to see the likes of Mr. Freeze, The Penguin or Clayface.
And I know a live action Clayface would be pretty kickass.

Another thing to bring up is the cancelled 1993 american Sailor Moon cartoon, which was already a bad idea just by looking at it.
Horrible designs, like changing them into a token multiracial team. And Sailor Mercury being in a wheelchair for god knows why.
It was a wise choice to dub the original anime. But we can now all agree Viz's dub is way more superior than DiC's.
[Image: sonamy_animtitle_by_retrobunyip-dbg86ov.gif]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Character designs: good ones and others...not so much - by Dolphman - 02-05-2016, 05:53 AM