Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Character designs: THE SUBJECTIVITY THREAD :'D
(02-03-2016, 02:39 PM)Koh Wrote: @Kosheh, I agree with the majority of that post, but there's one thing you were off about...all those characters did at least have something on.  Bugs there has gloves~  The only one I can think of off the top of my head that's well known, that doesn't even have gloves, would be Daffy Duck.  But like 90% of the other famous toons at least have gloves, or something else.

The clothes don't contribute to Bugs' appeal, though.

Also: Wile E. Coyote, Foghorn Leghorn, Daffy Duck, Sylvester, Tweety Bird, Tom and Jerry, Roadrunner, Taz, and the original designs for Chip and Dale are all industry icons... and they run around 100% naked.

The only Looney Tunes I can think of where clothing is essential to the design are Marvin the Martian and Yosemite Sam (maybe Lola, because she wasn't really designed to be seen without them?) Even Elmer Fudd could pull off nudity, because of his unique shape.

I really feel like "Bugs wears gloves guys" is reaching.
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Character designs: good ones and others...not so much - by Kriven - 02-03-2016, 04:13 PM