Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Gussprint's Sprite Rip Central Redux
*Activates the computerized stereo. "Rave in the Grave"* starts playing in the background.*
Yeah, I think we can skip the "why I've been quiet for so long" part by now. I've got some background rips I've been sittin' on for a bit here, so let's check 'em out.

Spiderweb Island/The Nightmare Woods [Shantae and the Pirate's Curse]
[Image: hNi6NS5.png] [Image: W7D6AtH.png] <-- From dangerous to nonsensical in a few minutes.

Hey, new image hosting! Yeah, these rips are pretty dang hefty on size, so we'll switch to Imgbb for them.

And hoo-boy, this took a while. Putting aside how long it took to assemble the sheet in this orderly a fashion, I discovered a little something about the background GFX. Closer inspection with GIMP revealed that the extracted BG graphics seem to have a very faint tinge of transparency on them, and not in the anti-aliasing sense.

Maybe it's just an isolated case I'm lookin' at here, but eventually I found a workaround for that. Which involved a bit of faffin' around with the alpha channelings and stuff for each piece. Not quite something done in just a couple hours, as you can imagine.

As for why it's split in two, the "nightmare woods" segment is technically a one-off segment of the whole area, and can't be accessed again upon completion.

Fortunately I've got the next BG rip already primed and just needing to be put in a sheet, so this shouldn't take as long... hopefully.

That being said, I've prepared a couple more rips in the meantime, so let's jump out of the half-genie's world for now...

Di-Cokka Ver. P.M. [Metal Slug 5]
[Image: RYGacCB.gif] <-- Can we get a 'ception joke here?**

...And land back into the battlefields of 203X.

Not much to say here, this is the Ptolemaic's version of the classic Di-Cokka from the other Metal Slug installments. Pretty much acts in the same vein as a MKII model, only potentially unmanned.

Mutated Soldier [Metal Slug 2/Metal Slug X]
[Image: jj7LPFz.gif] <-- ...Yeah, "sewer gator" this ain't.

And then, this. From MS2/MSX, and another case more or less proving the enormity of the Rebellion Army's crimes. More on that below.

Plenty of "fun" times diggin' into the lore. And knowing our luck, it probably doesn't end here.

Anyway, these runts. They appear in the last part of Mission 5 (The aforementioned sewers of Neo Godokin), swarmin' the place and killing anybody in sight. They approach the player and once close enough, they slowly turn red. That's your cue to either bolt it or put 'em down ASAP, 'cause they're going to blow up right in your face.

Best course of action I can advise here is bring a crap-ton of fire bombs. They really don't seem to like fire.

So yeah, been busyin' myself quite a bit. As usual, click on the images for the respective sheets, or check the first post. And with that, I'm out.

*Suffice to say, from the "Shantae and the Pirate's Curse" OST.
**Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the Di-Cokka based on tank designs stolen from the Regular Army?
[Image: gsopcsignaturesf4.png]
Sprite ripper, artist, and STILL a Puffy AmiYumi fan to this very day.
----------------------------
*All sprites in the signature and in the avatar are copyrighted by their respective owners.*

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gussprint's Sprite Rip Central Redux - by Ton - 01-14-2016, 12:58 AM
RE: Gussprint's Sprite Rip Central Redux - by Ton - 02-03-2016, 03:58 PM
RE: Gussprint's Sprite Rip Central Redux - by Ton - 09-20-2016, 01:35 PM
RE: Gussprint's Sprite Rip Central Redux - by Gussprint - 04-10-2018, 10:40 AM