Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Gussprint's Sprite Rip Central Redux
And now for something completely different...
[Image: 618oUDA.gif] ...And it involves this chick over here.
So I've been browsing the Shantae [GBC] section on TSR a few months back, and noticed there's still a relatively distinct lack of backgrounds rips. After some tinkerin' around, I've compiled a first batch of tileset rips, covering up to the first dungeon. Here they are below:

INTRO: The Lighthouse
[Image: S50s78i.png] <-- Some wake-up call YOU turn out to be, Risky.

I can't be the only one who thought of Shantae shaking her fist thinking "Dang it, I just HAD that roof fixed!", right?
Anyway, this is from the intro portion of the game, where you're dodging raining cannonballs. Took a while to get everything, seeing how I had to get animated BG parts the old-fashioned way.

Burning Town/Risky's Ship
[Image: 3j941geh.png] <-- "Well, my destruction quota's filled for now." "You have a quota?"

Next up, the intro stage proper. Once again, animated BG parts proved a bit of a hassle, coupled with the BG palette changing at points. The ship was slightly more straightforward, despite a screw-up or two.
Also, bleepin' Tinkerbats, how do they work.

Background Set °1 [Updated 11/03]
[Image: NY6U2yy.png] <-- I DARE you to spot the odd bust out.

And now, the real game begins. Seeing how the BG graphics are shared between some areas, I'm compiling multiple area tilesets into one sheet. That, and some tilesets are a bit too small. This set contains the following tilesets:
Scarecrow Fields: Case in point, this place's tileset is flippin' tiny, compared to the rest so far. Anyway, first area to the right of Scuttle Town, and home to Dirt Dogs and(Of course) Scarecrows galore.
Forest Junction: There's quite a few places in the game that use this tileset, so I can't pinpoint it to just one area. Regardless, it should be every tile.
Mermaid Cliffs: I should probably note that those area names are all blind guessing. Progressing to the right, you'll end up here. Water Town's just beyond this joint! I wonder how Bolo's holding up...

Dribble Fountain
[Image: ExdL0jl.png] <-- Gaaaze into the future, genie girl.

First dungeon is GO! This... took a while, to put it bluntly. Something tells me the other dungeons won't be any easier, but hey. Also contains the end boss, which took its while as well, big surprise.
...So, anybody here found that secret area in Pirate's Curse yet?

As of this writing, I'm starting to prepare the next tileset batch. Barring eventual scraps with the local Nagae, it shouldn't take too long.

Hopefully.
[Image: gsopcsignaturesf4.png]
Sprite ripper, artist, and STILL a Puffy AmiYumi fan to this very day.
----------------------------
*All sprites in the signature and in the avatar are copyrighted by their respective owners.*
Thanked by: Pingus!, Ton, Magma MK-II

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gussprint's Sprite Rip Central Redux - by Ton - 01-14-2016, 12:58 AM
RE: Gussprint's Sprite Rip Central Redux - by Gussprint - 02-03-2016, 12:23 PM
RE: Gussprint's Sprite Rip Central Redux - by Ton - 02-03-2016, 03:58 PM
RE: Gussprint's Sprite Rip Central Redux - by Ton - 09-20-2016, 01:35 PM