Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Gussprint's Sprite Rip Central Redux
*Dusts off the computerized stereo and presses ON. "Snowy Country"* starts playing in the background.*
Man, I missed doing that. We've got a new rip coming up in here, and it's one of the most complicatedly assembled Super Vehicles in the series.

Slug Gigantus [Metal Slug 7/Metal Slug XX]
[Image: G4fLdex.png] <-- They're the prey, and we're the hunters.

DESCRIPTION
The last rideable Super Vehicle in MS7/MSXX, this giant behemoth is found at the tail end of Mission 6, and is piloted for the rest of the stage.
Buried in an avalanche of snow and debris, no one truly knows how this machine wound up in the snowy regions of Scrap Island. Aside from its imposing size, the Gigantus' main method of offense is, oddly enough, its "fists", along with a lone Vulcan Cannon mounted on the front.

The Gigantus can also raise and lower its arms to defend itself from enemy projectiles when necessary. To top it off, it can charge energy into its arms to fire a large plasma wave to sweep remaining enemy troops away. Be careful, however! Word on the snowfield is the Rebellion Army has their own Gigantus waiting for you outside the forest...

COMMENTS
If you can catch the reference in the tagline, you win a cookie.
Anyway, as you can tell by the demo image, every piece of the Gigantus' body uses rotation effects up the wazoo, which makes assembling the thing a considerable pain. There's also the matter of its palette, which goes from brightest to darkest: Right Arm/Leg, Main Body, and Left Arm/Leg.

And then there's the cockpit. In MSXX, the Gigantus gains a two-seat cockpit module for two-player mode. Given that I have zero access to MSXX's graphic files, I had no way of attaining those sprites. Then I remembered someone who did.
Back when MSDB was still online, esreveR made his own rip(That, like many things, got lost in the datastream when Majhost went kaput...) of the Slug Gigantus, complete with the two-seat cockpit.

As labeled by the credit tag, the MSXX-exclusive two-seat cockpit sprites are taken by esreveR's rip, and are indicated by the green BG color. Hopefully he won't mind about this... wherever he's at nowadays.

...And just because someone has to ask the devs. Of all the places you could've mounted that Vulcan Cannon, why there?

*The Mission 6 BGM from MS7/MSXX, of course. Eight years later, and that soundtrack's still pure awesome.

EDIT: Aaaand submitted. Added esreveR's name in the submitter tag as well, since I felt it wouldn't be fair to exclude him, all things considered.
[Image: gsopcsignaturesf4.png]
Sprite ripper, artist, and STILL a Puffy AmiYumi fan to this very day.
----------------------------
*All sprites in the signature and in the avatar are copyrighted by their respective owners.*

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gussprint's Sprite Rip Central Redux - by Ton - 01-14-2016, 12:58 AM
RE: Gussprint's Sprite Rip Central Redux - by Gussprint - 01-28-2016, 06:33 PM
RE: Gussprint's Sprite Rip Central Redux - by Ton - 02-03-2016, 03:58 PM
RE: Gussprint's Sprite Rip Central Redux - by Ton - 09-20-2016, 01:35 PM