Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime! ripping project!
Today I've finished up Curate Rollo. He wasn't too hard except that sometimes a third of his body was in a different place than the other parts. As for Krak Pot...I can't seem to relocate his bin file, so I might not be making a sheet of him as soon as I thought. Also here's a sheet of Speckles, the first spotted slime you rescue. A little note on the slimes with crowns or wings, they're usually seperate from the body within the file. You might want to take screenshots for reference placement using animget. Also, in the first post you will find an image having all one hundred slimes for color reference. Oh, yes, the Babbles and Babble Kings' bubbles are also seperate from their body for the most part, so reference shots will be needed for them too.

And Solink, to get the right offsets, you usually have to mess around with Decrease/Increase Width, and Byte Forward/Backward. It's all a matter of what you're looking at. Keep in mind some files have different offsets for different objects within the files. For example, with a Slime that is both rescued and is able to be in the tank as a crew member, there will be different offsets for the 'rescue' sprites and the 'battle' sprites. Also, at times you will need to decrease width to capture different objects within the file. For example with Curate Rollo, two thirds of his body had one width, and the other third of his body had another. To remedy this situation I opened the same file twice in Tile Molester, and had one with the first width and the other with the second width. And remember sometimes assembly is involved.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime! ripping project! - by Carpaccio - 11-15-2008, 02:52 PM