Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime! ripping project!
Three new items tonight, Orichalslime, Slime Box, and Holy Crystal. Most items are easier than character sprites, so those starting out may wish to begin with items. Now, I'd like to make note that to view these files they MUST be extracted with Tahaxan first, in order to be read by Tile Molester OR yy-chr. I prefer Tile Molester personally as it has more options and more color options, meaning it makes the colors of the sprites different than the color of the background, which YY-CHR sometimes doesn't do. Speaking of YY-CHR, those of you who actually prefer to use it, the settings to begin viewing the images are 4BPP GBA Format, and 32x32(B) pattern. Now, I'll let you know now that most of the time there is some assembly required, as may be expected, in either program. The bosses are a lot harder than most of the basic enemies to rip, as they usually have several different image sets in one file. As for the slimes, they commonly have a 'town' set, and an 'in field' set, as well as some who have a 'battle' set. Most of these require adjustments between sets, even though they're in the same file. For the monsters, often they have 'tail' sets, 'body' sets, and 'weapon' sets. These also require adjustments between sets. Boss sets commonly have many multiple sets that require adjustment, and once again, are very difficult to assemble. Personally I like to start out with the tail sets and work from there, as the rest are simply expansions of their settings. to make it easier to organize files, the boss files always start with 'bos', the basin enemies oddly enough are in 'obj' titled files, the items are in 'toy' titled files, the npcs are easily enough in 'npc' titled files, tanks are, of course, in 'tank' titled files. I have yet to find out where the heck Rocket himself is. Anyway, I noticed the Platypunk I posted wasn't the normal Platypunk, so eventually I'll go back and do it, but until then, I'm gonna be working on Slival and some other items. See you guys later!
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime! ripping project! - by Carpaccio - 11-04-2008, 01:09 AM