Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Super Mario 3D Revolution [DISCONTINUED]
I still don't get why fan works are such an issue. Legal teams shoud encourage it, in fact. It will teach people to use the assets they know and love to develop interest and talent in gaming careers. It's not like people make money off fan-games. Copyright laws are so full of bullsh!t that nobody can is able to express any kind of creativity!

If anything, making and releasing a fan-game, fan sequel etc. raises awareness of the real thing and makes people buy it.

I, for one, am making a Super Smash Bros. fan-game, which uses various assets from Smash Wii U, others AND original ones. With new features not present in official games. It's a fan-made sequel. A fully 3D one, also made with Unity 5. Unlike Crusade and the like. It will be completely free of charge. My purpose is to try and challenge myself to make a large-scale game. I am working on its website on Wix, and I put up disclaimers on it: that it's not from Nintendo and to encourage players to buy the real deal and support Nintendo and the companies that made my roster's characters. I started development on it after the real thing had such crappy rosters starting from Brawl. In my view, nobody makes these things to screw Nintendo out of profit.

However, when it comes to remakes and ports, like the OP's projects, I understand a lot more. It's a complete copy of the idea. I don't blame Ninty.
I'm an opera-crossover singer undergoing classical voice training and I'm also making Super Smash Bros. Feud.

Discord: kold_virus
Thanked by: iyenal

Messages In This Thread
RE: Super Mario 3D World FOR Windows DEMO (TEST) - by Kold-Virus - 12-26-2015, 06:33 PM
RE: Super Mario 3D Revolution - by iyenal - 02-13-2016, 07:20 AM
RE: Super Mario 3D Revolution - by iyenal - 03-08-2016, 03:28 AM