Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Digit-5 and Project Captain N
About the upscaling, yeah, I figured that was a bit overkill. I did it mostly for my tumblr page, and they're not nearly as annoyingly big as they are here. I might change them in the future.

Mona's walk cycle, funnily, didn't bop up and down in the original sprite as well, which was kind of amusing, but did feel a bit strange to sprite. Normally I would actually make it bop a bit. Just check it out in WarioWare: Twisted. Now what I might change is having the front leg lift up a bit, as that would be more pose accurate, although I had a lot of trouble with doing that, so I ended up just leveling it.

I think most of it is also due to all sprites being condensed into a two-dimensional plane. Most sprites use some sense of depth, for example, by having the characters be viewed from a very slight angle downwards. My style doesn't allow that, which is a limiting factor.

For example, take Megaman Zero sprites. You can see the back leg be slightly shifted upwards, to give it a sense of distance and perspective. It's a more realistic take on drawing something, as nothing is completely flat, but that's a limit I gave myself when making these sprites.

Ironically I work better with a 3D reference.

Oh, right.

[Image: samus-preview-00004.png]

I've redone suited Samus, mostly to give her a lot of details. There's still a lot that could be improved, right now she looks like she could be tipped over with only one finger, but that's just me. Once I think it's ready I might try the Fusion suit.
Big sigs are for scrubs.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Digit-5 and Project Captain N - by GaryCXJk - 12-22-2015, 06:15 PM
RE: Digit-5 and Project Captain N - by GaryCXJk - 01-02-2016, 11:00 PM
RE: Digit-5 and Project Captain N - by SmithyGCN - 01-03-2016, 06:37 PM
RE: Digit-5 and Project Captain N - by GaryCXJk - 01-04-2016, 07:29 AM
RE: Digit-5 and Project Captain N - by GaryCXJk - 02-16-2016, 04:04 PM
RE: Digit-5 and Project Captain N - by GaryCXJk - 02-17-2016, 04:35 PM