Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
(Lack Of)Female Enemies in Video Games
You should probably play the Disgaea series if you're looking for female antagonists. Yeah, they're over-sexualized, but I'd say it breaks away from what we see in most games.

I don't really think this perpetrates sexism from game developers, to be honest (I know it might not actually be what you're getting at). My little "mantra" with any game, show, book, etc. is that it's all fictional and most likely doesn't accurately depict the creator's moral/political views.

Of course, context is important. There are more than enough stories that have a theme that relates to reality and may even hold many criticisms on society (look here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_criticism). However, you have to be smart and not point fingers at every work of fiction just because of a small theory that you have about it (Again, I'm not accusing you of doing these things, I'm just pointing out a common issue with people who get offended easily from works of fiction that more-likely mean no harm).
[Image: ErbRIBqVkAUtE8F?format=png&name=900x900]
Instagram Twitch Twitter YouTube

Messages In This Thread
RE: (Lack Of)Female Enemies in Video Games - by miyabi95_ - 12-03-2015, 08:10 PM