Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Copyright problems with game sounds
(12-03-2015, 05:44 PM)Ecelon Wrote: If it's changed by 25% than in the eyes of the law... It's a new document! Well, that's in Aussie-tralia mate! Smile

lol

I've heard that even less changes/variation than that makes something an 'entirely different' thing from the original in certain cases, or at least proposals that would make it such. I certainly have seen copyrighted and/or trademarked material edited in some way or another to bypass all the fun "legal stuffz" plenty of times! xD. I will say the easiest way to bypass copyright or trademark infringement issues short of being original is to firstly, be a decent-sized studio/company, and secondly to use a disclaimer like what Robot Chicken utilizes.

Another option is, of course, to just restrict your assets to that which is under public domain. This isn't always so easy, however. These days it's damn-near impossible.

Then the more shady option is to hide behind the countries and websites that either don't care about piracy, or export bootlegs 24/7.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Copyright problems with game sounds - by Klax03 - 11-29-2015, 10:32 PM
RE: Copyright problems with game sounds - by DarkGrievous7145 - 12-03-2015, 08:00 PM