Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Break out the CRT PCs and AppLocale! (Doujin Games)
(10-21-2015, 11:52 PM)JazzGW Wrote: Here's a fighting game that I discovered recently called Akatsuki BK. It plays a lot like a traditional fighter, but has some aspects similar to KOF-style fighting.
[Image: 494214633_773cddd90f.jpg]

This is ooooold but I LOVE this game. Try to find Auf Achse if you can (I've actually seen it in arcades!!) It introduces balance changes and adds a new character, Perfecti.
I'd actually say that Akatsuki Blitzkampf plays more like a cross between SF3 and KOF though...but that doesn't take away from it still being great.
I used to like playing Marilyn too. She's SORTA like Karin if you've played Alpha 3 ;P

(Also, I HOPE YOU KNOW, JAZZ that Akatsuki is an unlockable character in Under Night in Birth - the fighting game that French Bread started working on after Melty Blood and finally released on consoles last year, which if you liked Melty you'll love the absolute shit out of)

As a personal suggestion though (and despite the fact you said "WELL yeah you all know Touhou") if you haven't already I'd suggest you look into the Touhou fighters, Jazz. (Touhou Shinhiroku?)
The newer ones have rebooted the mechanics and artstyle somewhat, but it's half fighting game, half bullet hell. It's a lot easier for friends who play Smash to pick it up than actual fighting-game heads due to the way projectiles are handled, though, so if you find yourself without a lot of Fighting Game Friends it's not a bad idea to suggest this instead.

[Image: qsgqQ1p.jpg]
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by: miyabi95_

Messages In This Thread
RE: Break out the CRT PCs and AppLocale! (Doujin Games) - by Kosheh - 10-22-2015, 05:46 AM