Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Break out the CRT PCs and AppLocale! (Doujin Games)
Confused? Here: "video games created by Japanese hobbyists or hobbyist groups (referred to as "circles"), more for fun than for profit; essentially, the Japanese equivalent of independent video games." That's doujin games. Smile

Anyway, I'm curious as to what experience you've had with doujin. I've only played a few freeware games because I'm very limited as I use a Mac OS X machine (I use Wine for anyone wondering).

I'm sure most of us know about Touhou. What started out as an idea from one person for a doujin game spanned a worldwide fanbase of gamers, cosplayers, artists, animators, etc. I've played many of the games at anime conventions and am not surprised that it has such a cult but still huge following.

But what other doujin games are out there for us to play? There are many sites that contain information about these games and may even provide download links to them. While it's a long and difficult process to allow PC's outside of Japan to play them, people somehow manage to be able to play them anyway.

Here's a fighting game that I discovered recently called Akatsuki BK. It plays a lot like a traditional fighter, but has some aspects similar to KOF-style fighting.
[Image: 494214633_773cddd90f.jpg]
[Image: ErbRIBqVkAUtE8F?format=png&name=900x900]
Instagram Twitch Twitter YouTube
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Break out the CRT PCs and AppLocale! (Doujin Games) - by miyabi95_ - 10-21-2015, 11:52 PM