Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
How to handle voices that overlap musical jingles/other sound effects?
(09-25-2015, 07:38 AM)puggsoy Wrote: Personally if the jingle is really short (< about 10 seconds) I'd consider it a sound effect. If possible it's probably best to actually check the soundtrack, I found the one for Attack the Light here. All of them are quite long and have no voices, so I'm pretty sure you're safe. Like Gors said, if it's not in the soundtrack it should be included, since that's the only reason you wouldn't.

Another indicator can be file formats, as you probably know music is often in .mp3 or .ogg while sound effects are in .wav. Of course, not all games follow this convention, and some store everything in the same format. In this case I don't think this is a good way to choose though, since I wouldn't consider "sfx_battle_lose #209.mp3" to be music.
I agree with this. I had done the same thing for the Costume Mario sounds that I submitted from Super Mario Maker, for the exact same reason (namely Bowser Jr.'s goal theme having his voice overlay it).

So yeah, I'll definitely allow it, but before anyone else says anything this is only for ditties that have voice clips or additional sounds overlaying it. We still don't accept full music submissions.
Thanked by: puggsoy, Garamonde

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to handle voices that overlap musical jingles/other sound effects? - by Random Talking Bush - 09-25-2015, 08:55 AM