Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Robocop vs the Terminator Sprite Problems
So, I've decided that I want to rip sprites from Robocop vs. the Terminator-specifically, the Genesis version-however, I've run into a couple of problems which I'll mention in a little bit.

First off, I tried using Gens to rip the sprites. I got to the part of the game I wanted to rip sprites from, paused the game, opened up the tile viewer...only to find that it could only display a few of the sprite tiles I want to rip (And on a black background, nonetheless.). Sad  This meant, of course, that the game's graphics were probably compressed, which leads me to my second problem.

After failing to rip the desired graphics with an emulator, I tried opening up the ROM with YY-CHR. Well, there was some good news and some bad news when I did that. The good news was that the program was able to display all of the sprite tiles in an uncompressed format. The bad news was that it didn't display the correct color palette, not to mention that the graphics were all over the place.

The latter is a big problem to me because in most of the games that I ripped from, the tiles were all neatly arranged in a way that I'd figure out which tiles go where when I'm assembling a sprite sheet. With this game, however, I can't tell which graphics go where. To add further insult to injury, in the Sega Master System version of Robocop vs. The Terminator (Which was made and published by the same companies.) the graphics were neatly organized.

So this is where I'm stuck in a hole I've dug myself into. How am I supposed to rip sprites from this game, if the methods I've been using didn't work? Very Sad Is there another way? I know someone's probably going to mention Tile Molester, but as I stated in a previous thread of mine, I can't use it because it requires a separate Java executive to open which I don't have. Cry

If anyone can help me out, I'd appreciate it. Shy
I don't usually watch shows for little girls, but when I do, it's My Little Pony.Cool
Stay pony, my friends...
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Robocop vs the Terminator Sprite Problems - by Neon Streak - 09-21-2015, 09:29 PM