Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Curious Villagers 3D modelling projects.
(01-20-2017, 08:56 AM)puggsoy Wrote: Hold up. Flora? LINEBECK???

WHY DID NOBODY TELL ME ABOUT THIS

This is awesome, awesome stuff! Two of my favourite characters from two of my favourite series (people might not know but Flora is one of my favourite characters from Layton, she's just not around a lot). I don't even do much model-related stuff (hence why I managed to miss this for so long), but I can still appreciate them.
Gonna be honest, I think I prefer Flora's old look, but the new one is more accurate and also looks great. Also do you plan on finishing Linebeck? It would be really cool if you did Smile

For submitting, even though I don't deal with model submissions (let alone custom), my advice is to just check out some of the existing custom submissions and see how they're done. The wiki also has a brief description of the basic requirements, as well as the icons.

Thanks, I really appreciate that.
Yeah, a part of why I decided to learn how to make 3D models was because I wasn't sure if characters such as Flora would be getting any official 3D models anytime soon. Level-5 in general seems to be straying away from the original Layton trilogy so I'm not even sure if we would be seeing her again anytime soon, which is a little bit sad since she's one of my favourite characters too....

Yeah, I think I'll probably keep her old face as an alternative for those who prefer that. The only reason I went for a more hand drawn approach was so that it would probably be easier to import her into certain games such as Smash Bros for Wii U since not as many polygons are involved and all.

As for Linebeck, I should probably get back to him since I did sort of put him into the backburner for a bit....

And thanks, I suppose I should check out some of the already submitted custom models and the wiki then.

PS. Apparently there where some broken images in the last page. I got those fixed now.
[Image: byFlRbT.png]
Thanked by: puggsoy

Messages In This Thread
RE: Curious Villagers 3D modelling projects. - by Curious Villager - 01-20-2017, 10:56 AM