Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Rhythm Game Sound Submission
(07-11-2015, 01:34 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: I'm not Dazz but I'd say don't include any of the samples that are used in songs and that's it (assuming they're unique to the songs)

That's the thing though, in this specific case there aren't really "songs", just music-ish compositions that depend on the gameplay. And yeah they're definitely not unique to any songs or levels, every level (or other level) in a world uses the same tones.

As Petie said you may be able to somewhat reproduce parts of the soundtrack (the OST songs are actually specific songs but tend to use the same tones and sound effects). At the same time though, they technically are sound effects since they're sounds you here upon the player's actions.

Kosheh's idea seems cool, although it's generally always been a rule that we don't accept instruments, so yeah. That's why I'm not sure, these kind of sit on the line between sound effects and instruments.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Rhythm Game Sound Submission - by puggsoy - 07-10-2015, 10:19 PM
RE: Rhythm Game Sound Submission - by Petie - 07-11-2015, 12:59 AM
RE: Rhythm Game Sound Submission - by Kosheh - 07-11-2015, 11:53 AM
RE: Rhythm Game Sound Submission - by Garamonde - 07-11-2015, 01:34 PM
RE: Rhythm Game Sound Submission - by puggsoy - 07-13-2015, 02:28 AM
RE: Rhythm Game Sound Submission - by Kosheh - 07-12-2015, 11:06 PM