Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Can someone compile this?
(12-16-2015, 10:32 AM)Yarcaz Wrote: like for mingw I am stuck on the Instillation manager with packages, and with cmake I don't know where to select for the source and binary locations and I keep getting errors.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you mean by any of this.

Could you please elaborate on this? What exactly are you doing, what would be the expected outcome, and what happens instead? What do these errors say?

In general, though, I don't really have that much experience with Windows anymore; I'm GNU/Linux-only for over 10 years now. And as far as I understand, collecting all the libraries xoreos depends on is quite a chore on Windows. While on Linux, you can simple install them through the distribution's package manage, you will have to download and install them all manually (possibly even compile them yourself, if there's no up-to-date binary download available). Personally, I find Windows very hostile to developers, but YMMV.

I can't really help you there if that is your problem, I'm afraid. Sorry :/. Creating easily downloadable packages with precompiled binaries for all libraries, for both MinGW and MSVC (possibly for different versions of MSVC?), both 32-bit and 64-bit, that's on the TODO list. But this requires somebody with more experience in Windows development than me.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Can someone compile this? - by Carpaccio - 07-01-2015, 09:40 AM
RE: Can someone compile this? - by puggsoy - 07-02-2015, 03:01 AM
RE: Can someone compile this? - by DrMcCoy - 07-02-2015, 09:20 AM
RE: Can someone compile this? - by Yarcaz - 12-16-2015, 10:32 AM
RE: Can someone compile this? - by DrMcCoy - 12-16-2015, 10:46 AM