Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
eight sprite-a-bit
You're getting there! he's still much too tall and his arms are still very stiff. I did some quick edits to show what i mean:
[Image: 12W98EQ.png] first edit is just moving around some parts for a better proportion. second edit is more refinement in kind of my own style so you can take what you'd like from that, first of all I made him less barrel chested and more chubby and round. i also tweaked the lineart to be more consistent on the arms. i like the color choices a lot more now, but i feel like the darker skin tone is a bit too bright and orange. otherwise, it's a lot better!

i'd actually say you can get away without shading the eyes in this style. the fingers on the tiger millionaire edit look nice too, his fingers aren't as long and fit the style more. 

lastly, his sandals are kind of hard to make out right now, they're too similar in color to his skin tone and make him look like he's barefoot. 

also, lastly, i think you can get away with just drawing his big toe and not bothering with the rest of the toes, the sprite is too small for that kind of detail. you're doing well though, can't wait to see the rest!
and there's always more
Thanked by: shrubbyfrog

Messages In This Thread
eight sprite-a-bit - by shrubbyfrog - 06-30-2015, 12:08 PM
RE: Steven's Party o' Sprites ((Need Critiques)) - by Cytric Acid - 07-02-2015, 12:38 AM
RE: eight sprite-a-bit - by shrubbyfrog - 08-01-2021, 12:50 AM
RE: eight sprite-a-bit - by shrubbyfrog - 02-26-2024, 01:07 AM