Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Model Rejected? Works fine for me?
(07-08-2015, 02:09 PM)Pichi-Hime Wrote: I'm so sorry that I'm such a newb at this, but what exactly am I to do? I didn't mess with bone rotations or edit the meshes of the polygons...
Gosh, maybe model ripping isn't my thing.

Well it's not that you messed with the model or anything, but sometimes the models from games just simply don't translate well with common file formats.  In regards to applying the object origins, I think this (maybe?) will benefit you:
http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/3d...7-htm.html
Reason why I doubt myself is because I am not a 3ds max user myself, but I'm sure you'll find some other users on the forum that'll explain how to do what you have to.  If you just cannot seem to apply the origins, then just align everything manually where the objects are supposed to be (example: repositioning the eyes into the correct place).  I'm sure if you at least do that, they'll accept the submission and someone browsing through the site will eventually revise the model if needed (not likely that anyone will revise the model, but it just may get through)

PS: I'd recommend ripping the model all over again.  While it may not fix the object positions, it may fix the problem with the materials.  Even though the entire model uses only one texture set, the material separations are somewhat important (example: the eyes glow whereas the rest of the model doesn't, the blue doesn't use the normal map, etc) If you cannot export the materials, that'd be another thing to correct on your own.  

And don't discourage yourself on model ripping: you just might need to brighten your understanding on the way games process models, and how to maybe "fake it" for a commonly distributed model.  Many models on TMR are not 100% original and contain many modifications to be suit for common distribution (example: SSBB, the eyes have multiple UV maps layered ontop of eachother for separate textures on the same model. However, since some programs out there don't support multiple UV maps, the way it's "faked" is by separating the UV maps into different objects for each texture). While I know it all sounds complicated in the end, just stick with it and you'll do fine.  I had a lot of rejected models myself so I'm just trying to pass on what I've learned from my mistakes  Wink
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Model Rejected? Works fine for me? - by TGE - 06-30-2015, 02:53 PM
RE: Model Rejected? Works fine for me? - by AdelQ - 07-06-2015, 10:41 PM
RE: Model Rejected? Works fine for me? - by AdelQ - 07-07-2015, 08:43 PM
RE: Model Rejected? Works fine for me? - by AdelQ - 07-08-2015, 05:14 PM
RE: Model Rejected? Works fine for me? - by Dazz - 07-08-2015, 04:46 PM