Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
The Jam Engine - and the tiny prototypes that help me build it
Okay so this is kind of a hollow update as you won't see the effects just yet, but I'll give you this screenshot and explain why its awesome,
[Image: AMiYk7J.png]
This is a model successfully loaded from a dae file, along with it (though not displayed here) I have properly loaded all other mesh data, including full support of multiple normal and uv maps and group weights. using this from the outside is as simple as;
Code:
var scene = new Scene();
scene.fromDae('myUrl/myFile.dae');
var geometryNode = scene.nodes['myMesh-mesh'];
   //scene.typeLibraries.geometry['myMesh-mesh'] also works and would probably work faster as typeLibraries contain smaller groups to search through
var mesh = geometryNode.generateMesh(['POSITION']);
   //the first argument is an array of attributes you would like, in the order you'd like them, e.g. ['POSITION', 'NORMAL', 'TEXCOORD0']
   //the index and vertex data is created with this in mind for optimal index buffer usage
mesh.draw();
The importer also imports other nodes, I'm adding controllers as I type this (animations and timelines) and cameras and lights will be simple enough, the jam engine cameras already have a camera switching system by name, so loading a whole level in from blender will be very possible, only needing live objects be placed within the engine.
this may not be all that exciting to some of you, but trust me, I have big plans for this engine and this is a big step in the engines resource management.

THOUGHT DAE FILES WORKED, BUT TURNS OUT BLENDER EXPORTS THEM BROKEN!
Thanked by: ivan.vinski

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Jam Engine - and the tiny prototypes that help me build it - by Bombshell93 - 07-11-2015, 03:45 PM