Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
The Jam Engine - and the tiny prototypes that help me build it
I enjoy the ins and outs of graphics programming, any anti-aliasing is expensive, you have various methods of screen spaced aliasing to pick from but they all sample from an unmipmappable (a means of faster texture acces on the gpu) render target which itself is a dead weight of memory. alternatively you have hardware AA which pretty much rules out any form of depth shader (water shaders, transparency shaders, particle shaders) or SSAA (super sampled) which essentially draws the screen larger than how it plans to display and scales it down (by far the best for looks but often the worst for performance),
sorry didn't mean to babble, I'm far too passionate about graphics programming Blank kind of ironic as I'm committing some horrible graphics programming sins in this engine.
ANYWAY! back onto progress report, I'm working on some textures while I fiddle, I'm just starting saving and loading but as you can see the editor is working;
[Image: hCp5BhL.png]
I'm not uploading the new version until I finish saving and loading (probably tonight) it will be an expandable binary format, for quick on the fly loading,
I figure 5 x 5 chunks loaded in at a time and 3 x 3 displaying at a time, object placement will be next on my list, after the saving and loading
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Retro Fps - possibly RPG? - open for suggestion - by Bombshell93 - 06-26-2015, 04:11 PM