Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Izumi's Kinda Okay Art
I know I'm going to sound like an honest jerk here, but your art could by far better if you improved on some stuff.

First of all, you really need to improve on hierarchical construction. That Ness drawing shows you have some skills for it, but you aren't practiced enough for such a thing. Here's basic breakdown of things I saw

1. You really need to improve your pencil strokes, too. I cannot say how bad doing over-sketched lines are, try to learn how to optimize line strokes. As doing sketchy, over-stroked lines makes the drawing pointless, as you cannot read any lines.

2. You seem to have minor grasp of head construction, but not enough to do the level of work you're attempting. I'll try to add a few things to improve on.

-Your way of drawing eyes suffer from "animu" proportions. Your eyes are too far apart to create negative space between the side of the head and the front. This gives your characters the eye-sight of a horse when in 3/4s view, as one eye is close to the front, and the other sticks on the side of side of the head, breaking the overall head anatomy.

-Cheeks, jaws, and other facial features should be another shape apart from the basic head form, this is so that you can draw a much wider amount of expressive shapes using the same base head form, rather than modifying it for open mouths.

-Perspective lines should wrap around the shape in a circle-like format (make sure you add the lines behind the form, too). All shapes and details should flow around the base shape for solid perspective. These lines are also there to help you plan the position of where to draw shapes, and are not there to make drawings look professional.

-You seem to have gotten this very well, but I'm putting it here for reasons. Minor hear splits should flow around the shape of the form, ans should stick out of it, not erase inside it.

3. Your anatomy is made to only to have a skeleton (which is the way schools tend to do), try to make the image up of basic forms. For example, add a circle for when the knees and elbows are, then draw the arm up of two shapes, and place them to meet at the knee/elbows. The body should be made of base shapes, too. Rather than a large 1 shape.

4. It's impossible to tell this since I cannot see you draw, but plan in list of orders. Try to do:

-Base skeleton

-Basic forms for head, and body

-Base shapes for knees, hands, and feet

-Shapes for legs, and arms

-Details on the forms like shirts, hair, eyes, and other stuff.

-Minor details like hair splits, lumps in shirts, and other junk needed.

5. Plan the hands in the base form, then a "mitten" shape for all the fingers, add the thumb and then add the fingers inside the mitten shape for them.

6. Use a lighter colour for doing rough sketching lines (like a bright coloured pencil of blue or yellow, or green) then outline the base shape in pencil of sorts.

That's all I really have to say, but here's an example of head construction that could help.

[Image: K3hnaaZ.jpg]
I like to make models in my free time. I also make weird games, too.
Thanked by: EmaBuns, Garamonde

Messages In This Thread
Izumi's Kinda Okay Art - by EmaBuns - 06-18-2015, 03:11 PM
RE: Izumi's Kinda Okay Art - by Struggleton! - 06-19-2015, 01:13 PM
RE: Izumi's Kinda Okay Art - by EmaBuns - 06-23-2015, 05:21 AM
RE: Izumi's Kinda Okay Art - by Kosheh - 06-26-2015, 08:53 PM
RE: Izumi's Kinda Okay Art - by EmaBuns - 06-26-2015, 03:29 PM
RE: Izumi's Kinda Okay Art - by Struggleton! - 06-26-2015, 04:43 PM
RE: Izumi's Kinda Okay Art - by EmaBuns - 06-26-2015, 05:46 PM
RE: Izumi's Kinda Okay Art - by EmaBuns - 06-26-2015, 10:53 PM
RE: Izumi's Kinda Okay Art - by EmaBuns - 07-22-2015, 06:03 AM
RE: Izumi's Kinda Okay Art - by Kosheh - 07-22-2015, 02:18 PM