Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Nintendo Owns the Kremlings: Squashing a Myth
ok ok I've been King K Trollin' nice to see everyone else took the bait but Koopaul himself. I knew the whole time DK is Diddy's uncle and Kiddy is Dixie's cousin (which distances him as far as possible from the Kong family, if you think about it, lol)

(06-17-2015, 02:01 AM)Kriven Wrote: Isn't Diddy "officially" considered a chimp, despite clearly not actually being one?

Where does Manky Kong fit in?

I think this is actually referred to in one of the Player's Guides or the instruction booklet, but the Manky Kongs are orangutans that are only related to the Kongs in name; they're distant relatives exiled from the family for some reason. It's probably because they (the developers) wanted to bring back the barrel-tossing back into DKC somehow but didn't bother with a mythos back then and just made up a "Kong reject" to fill that role

Now, there's thing in the Donkey Kong fan community that presumably ties the events before the series together known as the "Great Ape War", and it ties together the relations between DK and the other residents of the DK Isles as well as explain why the Kremlings are always so aggressive in the DKC games: he's constantly at war with the Kongs. The community frequently uses this to leverage the Manky Kong population's awkward placement in the Kong family: the orangutans on DK Isle betrayed the Kongs during the Great Ape War, and since have been exiled from the Kong family.

However, Lanky's the only orangutan somehow that's been "accepted back" into the family, so speculation has it that he was too young at the time to be affiliated in the war and thus the Kongs just don't hold it against him.

yep
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nintendo Owns the Kremlings: Squashing a Myth - by Kosheh - 06-17-2015, 06:59 AM