Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Models resource rant
Sooo I got another batch of models rejected after about a month.
Why? Complaints about texture paths in FBX files.
Simply put, FBX files suck at path handling.
To clarify, FBX files don't have to be binary. In fact I always export to FBX v6 ASCII because that's the oldest version supported by 3ds Max.
If you were to look into the texture paths in the fbx, you'd soon notice that you can't do anything about the textures not being found because the handling is utter trash.
Yes I did edit the paths, but they won't load because it will always assume absolute paths, regardless of what you specify or whether or not the relative filename element is correct.
In fact, RTBs fbx submissions don't have proper texture paths either, but that's not an issue because he approves his own submissions.

Second of all, please don't ever complain about the texture filenames in SMD files as extensions in the file are ignored by the (official) parser (which is why they never load on import, really)

Third of all, why do both of our TMR mods just to appear to be 2 of the most busy people on the site? I get that people get busier with their life over time, but please be reasonable and recruit for more moderators as the current submission and review rate of submissions has come to a near halt resulting in the current moderators having to plow through relatively huge batches of submissions.

Messages In This Thread
Models resource rant - by TGE - 06-01-2015, 05:32 AM
RE: Models resource rant - by Random Talking Bush - 06-01-2015, 06:05 AM
RE: Models resource rant - by Garamonde - 06-01-2015, 08:36 AM
RE: Models resource rant - by Peardian - 06-02-2015, 09:53 PM
RE: Models resource rant - by TGE - 06-03-2015, 05:43 PM
RE: Models resource rant - by Peardian - 06-04-2015, 10:41 PM