Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
3DS Ripping, Help. D:
Heart 
Hi peoples, I'm sort of a newbie here. Sort of, as in, I've done Gamecube/Wii ripping in the past without too much trouble. (It's been a little while though.) I browse the site every now and then and such. Anyways, I'm wanting to learn how to rip models and such from 3DS games. Now, I'm not just asking blindly, I tried researching info for hours, but I eventually caved and thought I'd ask for help.

First off, I do have the Roms already. I've tried getting them in both .3ds and .cia formats. I'm assuming the latter is the unencrypted version. Second of all, I'm not able to use my actual 3DS, as it's version 9.7; nor do I have any flashcards other than a basic SD card, so that seems to be out of the question now. What I've gathered is that I need to extract the .romfs files, but that's kind of where I'm stuck. I don't know how all the coding and stuff works around the place that I've seen, it's all very confusing, but I'm willing to learn what I can.

I have Every File Explorer already downloaded, but I don't think I can use that quite yet. I've tried using the getromfs/xor application thingy, but I dropped that, after seeing I needed the system. My most recent try involved using the 3DS Hack Tools, I got the most results out of this, but I came to a standstill and wasn't sure what to do next. The ctrtool/extract thingy just gave me two parts, gamename.0000.00000000 and gamename.0000.00000001. In the video/guide I saw, this wasn't supposed to happen, and I couldn't find a solution. I followed all the instructions exactly.

So where should I go from here?  Embarassed  
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
3DS Ripping, Help. D: - by Loveabelle - 05-14-2015, 06:23 AM
RE: 3DS Ripping, Help. D: - by Farlavor - 05-14-2015, 04:21 PM
RE: 3DS Ripping, Help. D: - by Loveabelle - 05-15-2015, 01:23 PM