Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Super Crossover Fusion
The Random Capitalization and abbrevs make this annoying to read. Please clean up your text.

Quote:World 2: Sonic World
I’m not a big fan of Sonic, I don’t know much about it, after I read some Wiki articles I will write something here.

I agree with Kosheh, seems like you're just sticking this in for the hell of it. Unless you're getting paid by an employer, what's the point of making a game about something you're not interested in? You'll just end up making crap, because you can't make a good product unless you care about that product.

Quote:World 7: Distorted Realm
What’s this place, I feel so dizzy, I guess im going to faint…

Thanks for telling us nothing about this world, except that it'll most likely give us headaches. Also, did you just switch your description to a character's perspective? That's just... why?

Quote:World 10: Core Universe
Error 404 Not Found, can’t get data from this place.

"I have this thing, but I don't wanna talk about it, even though this is a game design thread." Dude, your plot's so generic that even if discussing the level design of this world would somehow spoil it, it wouldn't be that big of a spoiler. This is just a fangame you're doing for practice anyway, right? It's not your magnum opus or anything, so why hide stuff?

Down to the characters, their sprite styles clash really badly. Heck, even Mario and Luigi, who are from the same exact game, are clearly using different style sprites. Megaman and Syobon aren't even shaded (I know where those sprites came from, but you could have at least added some detail so they fit into the world), Sonic and Tails are drastically different despite sharing plenty of games together that could have taken common sprites from, and Link and Pikachu barely look like their original designs. Plus, why does Pikachu not have any data? He's not some mysterious character or anything; he's freaking Pikachu! I'd have taken a copy/paste of his pokedex data over this!

I hate to be so harsh, but this whole project seems simultaneously over-ambitious and lazy. Start small, make a concrete plan, don't throw in things just for the hell of it, and stop hiding things that don't need to be hidden. Honestly, making a Mario clone from scratch that's only two or three levels long would be more impressive than this, because it would show effort and focus, along with the ability to finish a project, even if it's just a small one. Make lots of little things, get some experience, and learn something. Making a playable collage is not the way to start game design, even as a hobby.
Thanked by: E-Man, Yangfly Master, DaHog

Messages In This Thread
Super Crossover Fusion - by Yangfly Master - 05-04-2015, 12:37 PM
RE: Super Crossover Fusion - by E-Man - 05-04-2015, 01:03 PM
RE: Super Crossover Fusion - by Kosheh - 05-04-2015, 03:19 PM
RE: Super Crossover Fusion - by Kelvin - 05-05-2015, 07:52 AM