Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
The End Is Near: Gamestop accepting retro game trade-ins
Yep. It's true. Hell has frozen over.
You'll finally be able to call Gamestop and ask about Battletoads, and they'll respond "Yes, we do have Battletoads"
(sorry Dazz, looks like you're gonna have to change the description for this forum to another Epic Meme)

I couldn't find a copy of the printed media for it, but there's um, this awfully civilized reddit thread.
http://www.reddit.com/r/GameStop/comment...ro_trades/
In the thread it's got the list for items that can be traded in (no prices, just the games).
starting today in NY, and...Birmingham? they've started accepting trade-ins for games for the

-NES
-Super NES
-Genesis
-Playstation
-Nintendo 64
-Dreamcast

The trade-in values are pretty nice, too - you'll get AT LEAST HALF the price of the trade in trade-in monies. For example, Final Fantasy 3 (yes, I know, 6 in Japan) will be sold for $50, and they'll give you $30 for it.

A lot of you will probably wonder "Okay, big deal" - and it's just that. This is a pretty big deal, and a ballsy move on Gamestop's part. If this takes off, it's possible they might be able to shape the retro game secondhand market - for instance, Chrono Trigger might actually fall to a decent, buyable price among secondhand markets...but this also might spell the end of some Mom & Pop used game stores around the US, who frequently price-gouge because there usually is no competition.

However, it seems that what the deal is is that you'll be able to trade in your old retro games and get shittons of store credit. Gamestop will start selling those games on their website, which you can either purchase from home or in-store with the help of their staff (a web-in-store order). It's neat I guess, but I'm wondering if they'll start selling old accessories and consoles soon. It'd be nice to pick up one of the variant N64 colors for a decent price.

What're your thoughts on this? Good? Bad? Are we now truly fucked as a nation, America?
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by: E-Man

Messages In This Thread
The End Is Near: Gamestop accepting retro game trade-ins - by Kosheh - 04-25-2015, 07:38 PM