Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Sprite attempts for indie game of sorts.
just to bring attention to your animations, I like that your willing to change the shape, that's a difficult thing to do, but with work can become the means of a weighty and effective animation, but something to keep in mind I think is perfectly illustrated here, motion begets motion,
[Image: ShantaeAttack.gif~c200]
I don't mean YOU WHIP YOUR HAIR BACK AND FORTH YOU WHIP YOUR HAIR BACK AND FORTH!... couldn't resist a dated reference,
observe how her head moves, her hair follows,
I notice most in your punching animation that the body is moving with the fist, where the body should move to accelerate the fist, likewise in your run and walk animations, nothing is causing weight to be moved, it just looks like wheel rolling down a hill, no umph to bring the motion
I know its the sort of thing is hard to keep to, but I think a study on drag, follow, stretch and bounce (fundamentals of animation would likely cover the bases) would do wonders for bringing a better weight and more natural flow to your animations, seems like simple stuff but its no patronization, good fundamentals are what build a diversely skilled artist, even in art classes drawing a circle, shading a pyramid and doing a turnaround of a cube are a common routine, simply because fundamentals in all artistic mediums are the building blocks of greatness.
Thanked by: Filler

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sprite attempts for indie game of sorts. - by Bombshell93 - 07-06-2015, 04:38 PM