Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
CoatRack's Sprite Hangar
Love the first two! 

If I had to crit image two, I'd say that some of the orange-reddish clouds are too similar in shade and blend together. If two layers are blending together to the point that you can't really see a differentiation, there isn't much point having it there in most cases. I'd consider having the purple-orange transition more gradual overall from front to back, it sort of starts at purple and abruptly jumps to red and orange.

Some advice for background three:

For the third I notice you've used a gradient for the sky. I wouldn't recommend this, it isn't a nice effect for sprites or pixelled textures/backgrounds, especially since you've done fine without it on the first two. For the clouds, they look a bit flat. If you are going to use one shade, include more of it in shadow like in this crap 10 second sketch I made:

[Image: clouds.png]

However, to keep with the style, it is probably better to keep them unshaded. None of your other clouds are shaded, so it might look odd. For the moon, instead of using grey to portray the darkened area of the moon, try using the blue of the sky.

I would suggest darkening all of the clouds (including the horizon clouds) so they don't stand out so much. Night time focuses more on darkness, with focus on the light sources where they exist. The clouds at the moment are sort of distracting as they are. Imagine if you stood outside at night and looked at clouds. The moon should be the main focal point of this scene since it is the only light source (and a bright one at that).

Sorry for the ramble, just some personal suggestions.
Thanked by: E-Man

Messages In This Thread
CoatRack's Sprite Hangar - by CoatRack - 03-18-2015, 02:27 PM
RE: CoatRack's Sprite Hangar - by Kelvin - 03-18-2015, 03:43 PM
RE: CoatRack's Sprite Hangar - by Silversea - 03-18-2015, 04:33 PM
RE: CoatRack's Sprite Hangar - by CoatRack - 03-18-2015, 05:21 PM
RE: CoatRack's Sprite Hangar - by Silversea - 03-18-2015, 06:06 PM
RE: CoatRack's Sprite Hangar - by CoatRack - 03-18-2015, 06:50 PM
RE: CoatRack's Sprite Hangar - by Virt - 03-22-2015, 06:54 AM
RE: CoatRack's Sprite Hangar - by CoatRack - 04-22-2015, 04:42 PM
RE: CoatRack's Sprite Hangar - by StarSock64 - 04-24-2015, 05:12 PM
RE: CoatRack's Sprite Hangar - by Silversea - 04-24-2015, 09:30 PM