Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Scrub spriter learns to sprite.
(03-18-2015, 07:24 PM)Minolose Wrote: TBH the replies to the fusion would probably offend some people and turn them off from spriting, it was just a tad offensive. Any time you need to say 'no offence' then you already know it could be offensive.

However, because I wanted to improve I didn't really mind.

When I said 'elitist,' I meant it in the sense that you don't think anyone can learn or create a good fusion 'sprite.' If I enjoy it I will do it, but the general consensus is that doing so is 'bad' and 'inhibits your improvement.' 

Fusions are fun, don't hate on them because they're not overly difficult or original.

EDIT: Either way this whole 'elitist' drama needs to end, I've already apologised to those who it offended. I just want to learn to sprite.

All joking aside, if you want to learn how to sprite you should probably stop getting so defensive when people are giving you criticism.

If you really want to keep on arguing everyone for explaining why they're saying what they're saying, that's just a self defeating attitude when you're seeking help on improving your sprites/pixel art. Bear in mind that we're not trying to attack your artwork by any means, we're giving you suggestions to help you out.

In the end you should try to make a better effort to trust the advice everyone gives you and just try to follow that advice you know. You're just not gonna get anywhere getting all up in arms sitting in front of your computer monitor talking to us.

I know it's tough because I've been tin the same position you are in several times, even with my own artwork in other mediums. But you're taking the right steps and these guys are here to help you out, and they have been spriting for years and they have the best advice they can offer you if you really want to get good at it, you just gotta let go of what you think is good art and be open to learning new things.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by: Hiynastrike, Gors

Messages In This Thread
Scrub spriter learns to sprite. - by Minolose - 03-17-2015, 02:21 AM
RE: Scrub spriter learns to sprite. - by Gors - 03-18-2015, 08:00 AM
RE: Scrub spriter learns to sprite. - by Minolose - 03-18-2015, 07:24 PM
RE: Scrub spriter learns to sprite. - by DioShiba - 03-19-2015, 04:09 PM
RE: Scrub spriter learns to sprite. - by Joxon - 03-18-2015, 07:39 PM